Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

As most long-time readers know, I don't "do" Thanksgiving, but for those of you who do, I wish you all a happy one. I will spare a repeat of my position regarding the holiday but will simply point back to an older post on the real first Thanksgiving which was, of course, in Texas. Read about it here.

Be on the lookout in the coming days for a new series here at The Mad Monarchist called "The Story of Monarchy" which will be short histories (with commentary of course) on the overall history of monarchies of the world and, for those which are now republics, how they have fared since. -MM

5 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your new series! It sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to your new series too. Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, MM.

    I'm not a huge fan of the holiday but, since my wife and I celebrate our wedding anniversary, the birthday of two of our children, and the year's mind of one around this time of year we end up "doing" Thanksgiving around here.

    Usually, it's pancakes with cranberry compote. This year, with my in laws in town, we're doing turkey legs, brussel sprouts with pancetta, and acorn squash, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for your new serise M.M.

    But I am sure it will be very sobering seeing how fast the Republics went down the drain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first will be on Albania (a bit long but one post) and the second will be a 2 or 3 post look at the Latin Kingdom of Jerusalem.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...